Tuesday, March 26, 2013

adding a little curb appeal!

We've finally finished our new front porch (and front yard too)!  I've still got a few finishing touches to add, but it's pretty enjoyable the way it is right now.  We enjoyed a blueberry pancake breakfast on the porch over the weekend.  It was just lovely.

Our goal was to create a kind of Southern style, sit on the front porch and watch the world go by, atmosphere.  It took a while since we DIY'd it during naptimes, but I think we succeeded.

Here it is...

BEFORE
 

 AFTER



More to come later this week.  My next post will be all about how I painted the concrete to look like bricks (those aren't real bricks on the porch)!






1 comment:

  1. Wow! That is a huge change in how pretty the house looks. I never thought it looked bad before but this turned out so great. I can't wait to hear how you painted the porch to look like bricks. Debbie told me she thought they were bricks! Way to go, very nice.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete